CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, April 26, 2007

Day two continued...(4/21/07)

We began our trek out of the city, B, K, I, T, G, P, and I were tightly packed in the mini van and ready to enjoy some beautiful scenery across the way. It's about a nine hour drive from Chicago to Lake of the Ozarks. We made a few stops along the way and stopped in Peoria to meet a fellow writer, T. There I was meeting yet another talented artist in the ever growing network of connections gathering from Witer's Cafe. I had to smile for a moment and let out a low chuckle when I saw how people were looking at us. Actually, we did look like a motley crew of strangers breezing into the local gas station to fill up, use the restrooms and buy a few libations! We hung out with T for about an hour before we headed out for the rest of our long journey to "the house."

It wasn't long before we were like kids heading to Wally World and wondering, "are we there yet." After our fourth trip around the lake, and it is a rather large lake, we finally arrived at the house. The nine hour journey had graciously extened itself to fourteen and a half hours.

I couldn't believe what stood before me. The house was amazing. There was plenty of room to stash the influx of writers heading this way. Our first evening was filled with requanting ourselves with old friends. meeting new ones, and strengthening bonds with certain people the connection went deeper with. I loved being surrounded by such an amazing aura.

After much hugging and just an all out glad to be together again party, I headed out to the dock. There was a deep and intense silence and serenity surrounding me. Nightingales sang harmonious tunes and fesh leapt from the water. The moon shone bright light over the water and it all brought tears to my eyes. I never felt so surrounded by loved ones, yet so alone and solitary at the same time. There was a drifting irony to all of it. Here it was Saturday night, or should I say Sundy morning and my thoughts drifted to him...