CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Day two...(4/21/07)

I walked around the studio marveling at the eclectic artwork all over the walls. The guys that ran the studio were two of the most interesting characters I've met in a long time. I was immediately at ease and very comfortable with the two Chicagoans! The idea of being in the city was a head rush in itself, but there I was in a recording studio with an amazing mix of people.

After wolfing down the Chicago style hotdogs, enjoying some drinks and getting into a relaxed mode, we listened to some of their music, which was fabulous. "Z" set us up for recording time and the excitement grew. There were three of us that recorded and we were mezmerized as we listened to our playbacks and realizing what it meant to hear ourselves in a professional environment. I can't speak for the others, but for me it was a rush and an experience that I definately want to repeat. The whole experience gave me such a sense of understanding where I want to go with my writing. I realized what another writer's retreat related experience this was that would create change in my life yet again.

We stayed at the studio until about 5:00 a.m. before I punked out and said I just had to sleep. I was exhausted, but hung in there until the absolute moment where I couldn't keep my eyes open anymore. I spent about 20 minutes looking out of a window at an empty lot and the highway just beyond it. I saw more things out of that window in those 20 minutes than I've seen in years out of my own windows. It was a beautiful thing.

We headed back to the hotel and I crashed on the floor by the hotel room door, a smile on my face and a sense of fullness in my heart. I was looking forward to the road trip to Missouri and as I closed my eyes, I felt a sense of peace and fulfillment in the knowledge that my life was going through yet another metamorphisis. I love them all.